Microsoft Excel is a powerful tool for analyzing data, and for making more informed business decisions. Specifically, Excel can track data, build models for data analysis, write formulas for performing calculations, pivot the data in numerous ways, and present the results in a variety of professional looking charts. In this workshop, you will learn to build a complete Excel application to expand your skills and enrich your resume.
Excel - Beginners & Intermediate
This 2-day intensive course will provide concrete and practical exercises to help you build your own application, and apply your knowledge to your daily work with Ms Excel.
For instance, you will learn how to construct spreadsheets that refer to fixed cells containing constant values, such as sales tax or interest rate. You will identify values exceeding a threshold; locate duplicates; highlight the current date in a calendar and apply coloring to alternating rows. You will also study how sorting products in ascending order based on units sold, filtering a list of clients by specific age groups.
Time: 2-day workshop (From 9am to 5pm with a one-hour break for lunch and two 15 minute breaks)
When: Click on "Register" for the next trainings available
Where: Kitsilano or Downtown, Vancouver (BC)
Price: $499 (lunch included)
You will need to bring your own computer, with MS Excel installed. All the versions of MS Excel from Excel 2007 to 2016 are acceptable. We recommend Windows, but other operating systems are also welcome.
This syllabus comprises 10 Excel essential tools:
1. Absolute and relative references
- Copy formulas by storing a fixed reference
2. Naming in Excel / Dynamic Named Ranges
- Improve the readability of formulas by using descriptive names
- Rapidly copy lists and formulas
4. Conditional Formatting
- Highlight unusual or important data by formatting cells based on their value
5. Formula Auditing
- Trace precedent and dependent cells
6. List Management
- View, filter, sort and perform an initial analysis of a database
7. Data Validation
- Provide validation criteria for data input
8. Tables (for Excel 2007-2016)
- Manage data lists in a more intuitive manner - includes formatting
9. Intro to Pivot Table
- Create an interactive and condensed summary of database
- Add new functionalities to Excel
More than 20 Excel functions
Classics: SUM, SUMIF, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, INDEX
Logical: IF, AND, OR, NOT, TRUE, FALSE
Text: LEFT, RIGHT, TEXT, MID, CONCATENATE
Time: YEAR, DAY, MONTH, TODAY, NOW, DATE
A step-by step workshop, featuring exclusive videos to help you develop your own application with MS Excel.
This intuitive and logical hands-on workshop will help you increase your overall understanding of MS Excel and create proper business reports, do sales tracking, perform calculations and more.
10 essential tools and more than 20 Excel functions.