Microsoft Excel is a very powerful tool to analyze data and make more informed business decisions. Specifically, you can use Excel to track data, build models for analyzing data, write formulas to perform calculations on that data, pivot the data in numerous ways, and present data in a variety of professional looking charts. Create your own Advanced Excel application that you can show to your boss or future employer. A real plus on your CV!
Develop your own application with MS Excel and be more productive at work! Enrich your resume with this practical intensive class!
This intuitive and logical training will help you increase your global understanding of MS Excel and create proper business reports, or also do sales tracking, perform calculations and so on!
8 essential tools and 4 Excel computational capabilities.
With this 2-day intensive class, you will have access to very concrete and practical examples that will help you build your own application and apply the following examples to your daily work with Ms Excel.
For instance, you will learn how to provide various sales forecast (best, worst case, realistic) scenarios, display sales subtotals for a particular week, month, or year, or also create easy to use questionnaires and produce intuitive one click applications.
You will also learn how to perform, in a single operation, computations that would otherwise require numerous additional rows, columns, or even tables.
Prerequisite: A thorough understanding of the Windows operating environment
Time: 2-day workshop (From 9am to 5pm with a one-hour break for lunch and two 15 minute breaks)
When: Click on "Register" for the next trainings available
Where: Kitsilano or Downtown, Vancouver (BC)
Price: $699 (lunch included)
You need to bring your own computer at the workshop and have MS Excel. All the versions of MS Excel from Excel 2007 to 2016 are accepted. We work preferentially with Windows but other operating systems are welcome.
The syllabus is built on 10 Excel essential tools:
1. Extraction without duplicates
- Remove duplicate data from a list or table of values
2. Data import
- Import data from external sources (text files, Access, Internet)
3. Tables (for Excel 2007-2016)
- Manage data lists in a more intuitive manner - includes formatting
4. Pivot tables
- Create an interactive and condensed summary of database information
5. Scenario Manager
- Perform what if analysis (examine the effect of a value change in specific cells)
6. Goal Seek
- Finds the input value that yields a desired result
- Facilitate viewing of data by grouping together similar and related items in a table
8. Form Buttons
- Create spreadsheets containing buttons, check boxes, and other menus
Added to that, our class will present 3 Excel computational capabilities:
- Provide information regarding the contents of specified cells
2. Search features
- Complete databases; fetch specific values from parameter tables
3. Array formulas and SUMPRODUCT
- Perform rapid computations on columns, rows, or tables
4. Domain specific functions
- Perform specialized computations for various areas of expertise