EXCEL TRAINING VANCOUVER OVERVIEW
Confidential until registration: in our office in Kitsilano, Vancouver (BC) or in a meeting room located Downtown Vancouver (BC), depending on the number of attendees.
- Learn Visual Basic for Applications, and build a data management system in Excel.
- An intuitive, logical and efficient training: automate your tasks in MS Excel.
- 10 complete and progressive modules.
- Over 15 powerful expert tips for mastering VBA & Excel Macros (watch, ctrl+space, me(), etc.)
VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is the programming language for Excel. By mastering it, you will be able to automate routine tasks, manage databases, and interact with users (userforms, dialog boxes). In short you will learn how to push the limits of Excel.
This training is intended for people who want to automate repetitive tasks or build specific applications for other users.
Based on a progressive and interactive approach, this course promotes intuitive and personalized learning by combining theory and concrete cases, with dozens of commented coding examples.
Numerous exercises with full solutions are included with each module to validate knowledge of each topic.
This course comprises 10 modules:
1. Review of 10 essential features of MS Excel
2. Your First Macro
3. Visual Basic Editor
4. Excel Programming Basics (Excel Objects)
5. Program Structures – Loops
6. Program Structures – Conditional & Logical Operators
7. User Interactions – Basic Message Boxes
8. User Interactions – UserForms
9. Error Handling & Debugging
10. Data management using array variables
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Gaëtan has a PhD in Management of Information Systems from Paris Dauphine University and Georgia State University. He has been teaching VBA, reporting and advanced use of MS Excel at undergraduate and graduate levels (Georgia State University, Strasbourg University...).
Gaëtan has developed over 70 applications for MS Excel for various industries (e.g. insurance, bank, textile) and domains (e.g. marketing, management, finance).
Prerequisite: Intermediate MS Excel level
Time: 2-day workshop (From 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks)
You need to bring your own computer at the workshop and have MS Excel. All the versions of MS Excel from Excel 2007 to 2016 are accepted. We work preferentially with Windows but other operating systems are welcome.
Contact Gaetan Mourmant, at email@example.com or 604 781 9698